Articles Now Being Planned or ready for Editing
I thought to mention what I have on my list of formal articles for our site. Perhaps you have some input or want to mention something on the topic, and we can make it a real joint writing affair.
1. Seed Oils for Health. What are they and how to use them. (Coconut, Black Cumin, Selection of basic essential oils)
A hadith from Mohammed “Use the Black Seed for indeed, it is a cure for all diseases except death.”
2. Just Think Hot! Collapsing the Paradox with a little help from Jimmy Buffett.
Will we recognize that moment when the Wars are over?
3. The whole new idea of food that does not want to be eaten. What is it really? How do lectins fit into the picture?
4. The onslaught of laboratory grown meat and food coming our way.
5. How is the Syrian War different from other Wars?
6. Are we sleeping right or wrong. Hang your Hammock!
That is what is in my hopper – please feel free to participate before they come out of the hopper.
I also have several articles I’m working on which will be posted up in the next few weeks as I finish them. I’m aiming for one a week if day to day permits.
1. An autonomous robotic weed whacking robot to patrol your garden and make your gardening easier.
2. Use of inexpensive open source robotics to accomplish precision agriculture in a home garden or small holding.
3. A DIY grow room for those with limited space and climate issues (read cold or hot climates)
4. Permaculture basics – a new way of thinking about life and our well being.
5. About Value – a different definition – about money, yield versus profit, value ethics, ROI in real terms, how to value a business in permaculture terms.
5. Cooperative communities and the Common Work Group model.
6. The Open Source Agriculture movement and how it applies to us.
I have lots of ideas in the pipeline but that’s what has already made it to first draft. Robotics in agriculture and Permaculture are hot topics for me.
If any of them strike your fancy, let me know (you can reply on this thread which I will monitor) and I will do those first. Also, if you want to collaborate, I’m open.
Amarynth, if you’re interested in coconut oil, check out this free article from the link I posted in Health forum:
Nutr Hosp. 2017 Mar 30;34(2):352-356. doi: 10.20960/nh.780.
How does coconut oil affect cognitive performance in alzheimer patients?
“Conclusion: Coconut oil appears to improve cognitive abilities of Alzheimer’s patients, with different intensity depending on the cognitive area.”
Article in Spanish (note what I said about non-US research), but I get the gist, they did this using cognitive tests on elderly patients. Check it out!
Anonymous on: June 8, 2018 at 8:38 pm #890
A weed whacking robot!? Sounds interesting. Anything to relieve the tedium of garden weeding which we never quite keep up with, with our active schedules. Besides – I hate weeding!!
Anonymous on: June 8, 2018 at 8:35 pm #889
I’ve been sleeping on a hammock for several years. My back pains have disappeared and I sleep like a baby snuggled in to a cocoon. I think the community will really benefit from an expose on why everyone should put up sleeping hammocks!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.